Cyber Harassing or Bullying now becomes the biggest threat in the world of social media. According to report a 34% of students had experienced cyber harassing in their lifetime (17% within the last 30 days). So now the question in mind what to do if someone is harassing you online?
What is Cyber Harassing/bullying?
Cyberharassing is bullying that takes place over digital devices like cell phones, computers, and tablets. Cyberharassing can occur through SMS, Text, and apps, or online in social media, forums, or gaming where people can view, participate in, or share content.Research source
Following Actions you have to take immediately when you feel someone is cyber harassing you.
- Send a message telling the harasser to stop
- End communication with the harasser after telling them to stop.
- Block the harasser.
- Collect the evidence in any form [source]
Report Cyber Harassing to Online Service Providers:
Cyber harassing often violates the terms of service established by social media sites and internet service providers.
- Review their terms and conditions or rights and responsibilities sections. These describe content that is or is not appropriate.
- Visit social media safety centers to learn how to block users and change settings to control who can contact you.
- Report cyber harassing to the social media site so they can take action against users abusing the terms of service. [Data source]
Originally published at https://www.crimes.me on August 1, 2020.